I am a dental assistant. Yep that’s right I deal with gross teeth and smelly breath.
I have been a qualified dental assistant for 6 years but have been in the dental field for 10 years!That’s a long arse time. I started working for a small dental surgery when I was 17 years old, I had lost my previous job and A friend hooked me up with this one (thanks Karen I know your reading this)
I’ve done a lot of things whilst working at my current job. From working with multiple dentists to doing reception work- wow this is sounding like a resume.
I have also in that time gotten married and had two kids!
My boss has been a wonderful support throughout my years I’m classified as antique I’ve been there that long as he says ” we will trade you in for parts soon”.
I work with a small group of people it’s like they are extended family members.
Anyhow that’s just a little bit of what I do for work. ☺️
Today i’m going to tell you 50 facts about me! you excited? you should be ya little sticky beaks. kidding enjoy!
- I have a dog and her name is Sweep. (yep from the show sooty and co)
- I love rap music. Give me some Eminem any day.
- My birthday is the 6th of January.
- My favourite TV shows are: Outlander, Riverdale and shameless.
- I believe in paranormal activities.
- But i’m shit scared of horror movies.
- My favourite food is lasagne.
- I’m super bad at math.
- I got married in Las Vegas.
- I have a few nicknames but people mostly call me B.
- I love shopping. (who doesn’t)
- I will cry at anything.
- I have trust issues.
- I wear sunglasses even when its raining.
- I work with teeth!
- I’m a Capricorn.
- I love to sing – But totally cant.
- I really love coffee- but only after having kids ha ha
- I can sew.
- I have really long hair.
- I have two tattoo’s
- My favourite season is spring.
- I love thunder storms.
- My favourite song at the moment is – Home by Michael Buble.
- Half way!!
- I cant dance.
- My favourite colour is purple
- I hate cooking.
- My woman crush is – Mila Kunis.
- I like meeting new people.
- I’m a home body.
- I’m a light weight when i drink i can have 2 drinks and i’m drunk.
- There is nothing like a Macca’s cheeseburger.
- I don’t care what people say about me.
- I appreciate my family and friends so much.
- I’m obsessed with snap chat and Instagram.
- I’m a sucker for a good massage.
- I overthink every situation.
- I put up a fight.
- Money stresses me out.
- I love my job.
- I’m a slight hoarder. (Just figured this out while trying to move house.)
- I am 1 of 3 kids.
- I HATE Spiders!
- I live in thongs no matter what season it is.
- I would love a white Christmas
- I love surprise’s
- I had braces.
- I’m a neat freak.
- THE END!
WOW that was actually really hard to do.
My first day back at work after having G, was painful.
I cried, like literally Kim Kardashian ugly face crying when i was dropping him off. I was trying to tell the educator how his routine went and i couldn’t help but sob.
I made it into work, and not long after a got a message from his educator saying everything was fine, and he was doing great. I got all my paperwork done in between having about 5 coffee’s because i was struggling to stay awake, not being used to having the computer in my face and paperwork all around me, i found myself sinking into and getting it done.
I thought about G and T all day, could not get them out of my head. I even found myself sharing photos with my colleagues to try and pass the time till i picked them up. I had lunch at home and it was so quite,but at least i got to eat my sandwich at home without sharing with a 3 year old.
I guess you could say i did have a good first day back after having 7 months off. It felt good to have some adult interaction and some time to myself. With the mum guilt still in my head i felt as though i have made a good choice. I mean it is only two days per week.