Lets be honest, parenting is such a wonderful blessing i wish i could have 100 babies, my husband would probably kill me, but we all cant resist the new baby smell and their tiny fingers and toes and those adorable little noises they make.My husband and i are completely done having children we are so happy with our perfect pigeon pair, i applaud those mum’s who go back for more than two children you are super mum’s.
However i really wish someone sat me down before having my first and actually told me the in’s and out’s and the true hardcore reality of having children.Having a baby is hard work actually all stages of motherhood are hard.
So here are some of the 10 things i wish i knew before having kids.
- Babies are EXTREMELY loud sleepers- all those cute little noises they make are 10 times louder at night when they are right beside you.
- Be prepared to be living on little to no sleep- yeah your probably thinking babies sleep all the time what is she on about, your little munchkin needs to refuel his or her tum tum over night approximately every 2-3 hrs for round a bout 1hour give or take depending on how quick a drinker your little one is. You would be surprised how quickly your body adapts to the no sleep thing.
- Breastfeeding pads are a must! those things are a god send you do not want to be changing your bed sheets and clothes in the middle of the night from your leaky boobs. FYI- have been there and done that!
- Hormonal changes, when you think all your hormones are done and gone you have had your baby everything is great. Day 3 hits you ( baby blue day) you will probably find yourself crying over an episode of pepper pig. Its totally normal your hormones are all leveling out and lets just say your mind is mush.
- Baby brain is an actual thing!
- Teething is a bitch, when those poor little babes start to teeth its horrible.
- Toilet training – need i say more, you will be cleaning poop and pee to the cows come home.
- Do not compare children, even siblings if John is walking and Mary isn’t its o.k all babies develop differently.
- Mothers instinct, is amazing.
- Unconditional love, until you have had children. Yes of course you love your partner and family but nothing can ever prepare you for the love you will have for your children its emotional, unexplained , exhausting and real.