I am a dental assistant. Yep that’s right I deal with gross teeth and smelly breath.
I have been a qualified dental assistant for 6 years but have been in the dental field for 10 years!That’s a long arse time. I started working for a small dental surgery when I was 17 years old, I had lost my previous job and A friend hooked me up with this one (thanks Karen I know your reading this)
I’ve done a lot of things whilst working at my current job. From working with multiple dentists to doing reception work- wow this is sounding like a resume.
I have also in that time gotten married and had two kids!
My boss has been a wonderful support throughout my years I’m classified as antique I’ve been there that long as he says ” we will trade you in for parts soon”.
I work with a small group of people it’s like they are extended family members.
Anyhow that’s just a little bit of what I do for work. ☺️
Today i’m going to tell you 50 facts about me! you excited? you should be ya little sticky beaks. kidding enjoy!
- I have a dog and her name is Sweep. (yep from the show sooty and co)
- I love rap music. Give me some Eminem any day.
- My birthday is the 6th of January.
- My favourite TV shows are: Outlander, Riverdale and shameless.
- I believe in paranormal activities.
- But i’m shit scared of horror movies.
- My favourite food is lasagne.
- I’m super bad at math.
- I got married in Las Vegas.
- I have a few nicknames but people mostly call me B.
- I love shopping. (who doesn’t)
- I will cry at anything.
- I have trust issues.
- I wear sunglasses even when its raining.
- I work with teeth!
- I’m a Capricorn.
- I love to sing – But totally cant.
- I really love coffee- but only after having kids ha ha
- I can sew.
- I have really long hair.
- I have two tattoo’s
- My favourite season is spring.
- I love thunder storms.
- My favourite song at the moment is – Home by Michael Buble.
- Half way!!
- I cant dance.
- My favourite colour is purple
- I hate cooking.
- My woman crush is – Mila Kunis.
- I like meeting new people.
- I’m a home body.
- I’m a light weight when i drink i can have 2 drinks and i’m drunk.
- There is nothing like a Macca’s cheeseburger.
- I don’t care what people say about me.
- I appreciate my family and friends so much.
- I’m obsessed with snap chat and Instagram.
- I’m a sucker for a good massage.
- I overthink every situation.
- I put up a fight.
- Money stresses me out.
- I love my job.
- I’m a slight hoarder. (Just figured this out while trying to move house.)
- I am 1 of 3 kids.
- I HATE Spiders!
- I live in thongs no matter what season it is.
- I would love a white Christmas
- I love surprise’s
- I had braces.
- I’m a neat freak.
- THE END!
WOW that was actually really hard to do.
Lets be honest, parenting is such a wonderful blessing i wish i could have 100 babies, my husband would probably kill me, but we all cant resist the new baby smell and their tiny fingers and toes and those adorable little noises they make.My husband and i are completely done having children we are so happy with our perfect pigeon pair, i applaud those mum’s who go back for more than two children you are super mum’s.
However i really wish someone sat me down before having my first and actually told me the in’s and out’s and the true hardcore reality of having children.Having a baby is hard work actually all stages of motherhood are hard.
So here are some of the 10 things i wish i knew before having kids.
- Babies are EXTREMELY loud sleepers- all those cute little noises they make are 10 times louder at night when they are right beside you.
- Be prepared to be living on little to no sleep- yeah your probably thinking babies sleep all the time what is she on about, your little munchkin needs to refuel his or her tum tum over night approximately every 2-3 hrs for round a bout 1hour give or take depending on how quick a drinker your little one is. You would be surprised how quickly your body adapts to the no sleep thing.
- Breastfeeding pads are a must! those things are a god send you do not want to be changing your bed sheets and clothes in the middle of the night from your leaky boobs. FYI- have been there and done that!
- Hormonal changes, when you think all your hormones are done and gone you have had your baby everything is great. Day 3 hits you ( baby blue day) you will probably find yourself crying over an episode of pepper pig. Its totally normal your hormones are all leveling out and lets just say your mind is mush.
- Baby brain is an actual thing!
- Teething is a bitch, when those poor little babes start to teeth its horrible.
- Toilet training – need i say more, you will be cleaning poop and pee to the cows come home.
- Do not compare children, even siblings if John is walking and Mary isn’t its o.k all babies develop differently.
- Mothers instinct, is amazing.
- Unconditional love, until you have had children. Yes of course you love your partner and family but nothing can ever prepare you for the love you will have for your children its emotional, unexplained , exhausting and real.